18 jun. 2010
29 nov. 2009
23 nov. 2009
Long time no write. This doesn't imply nothing happened here. Among other things that went on, yesterday I unscrewed the volume pedal and cleaned it. I did not open the pedal to clean the inside, because the volume is working fine - no need to do that...
Also there a lot of dust and stuff gathered around. With the pedal removed, I could peek at the pedals from the side. Dust there too, of course, but not too bad. Maybe one day I´ll somehow lift the organ up so I can get to work at the bottom of it.
In my last post I mentioned the vibrato stopping from functioning. I didn't know how, but out of the blue it started working again. And it is just as fine as it was.
:-) Happy to be back again!
11 jan. 2009
10 dec. 2008
See you soon!
1 nov. 2008
29 aug. 2008
27 aug. 2008
Please do check out their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/puredrumsandorgan
Below a few low quality vids of P.U.R.E.
The organ is almost finished. Apart from the two vibrato tabs, everything seems to be working. I sent a request for L-122 photo's of the preset wirings to The Hamtech Technical Discussion List. I recieved two photos. It turned out that I had the grey wire soldered wrong. I soldered the yellow, the blue and the grey wires accoring to the photographs.
Now all the tabs are working. So far so very good.
I don't wish it to be over just jet! I'll finish it in just a week.
17 aug. 2008
Above are some pictures of the wires coming from the drawbar housing. You will see that the yellow and the blue wire aren't soldered to where they belong. They were broken off already when I bought the organ. There is a wire schematiscs scan available. But I'd rather see some pictures of other L-122 owners, showing exactly how it should be done.
I replaced the original wires (the yellow, the blue, the grey and the black ones) with newer and longer wires. The grey-black striped wire replaced an all grey wire. The old ones were about 11,5 cm (4,5 inches).
14 aug. 2008
Later on I will report more in detail, and I will bring more structure in my messages on my blog.
Greetings from a thrilled Roger.
11 jul. 2008
10 jul. 2008
6 jul. 2008
4 jul. 2008
1 jul. 2008
Whatever happens, Eric already boosted my confidence in going on with my reanimation project. I thank you for that! There are Hammond-lovers, they are out there, of course. And, there are L-100 series lovers! Great to hear the sound of an actual L-100 series in a YouTube video...
All the best,
27 jun. 2008
25 jun. 2008
Eric has his first video of his L-143 on YouTube. Check his message from monday june the 23rd for the link to the vid: http://hammondl143.blogspot.com/ .
His organ sounds much better then mine when I started mine up for the first time. The volume of my organ was so soft, scary soft. Nothing worked to crank it up.
I assume the cleaning of especially the drawbar housing is a world of difference already. And, of course (thnx E.) the drawbars themself. I hope the soft-volume-problem is to be fixed with soldering broken wires back on the drawbar housing, some tab switches and the oiling the generator and the motor with Hammond oil. And I do not hope the problem is in one of the tube amps. Working with amps is out of my league. But, I guess it is a good time to learn, then.
23 jun. 2008
Production years: 1961 to 1972;
Synopsis: Spinet Model with mechanical tonewheel generator and non-scanner vibrato;
Cabinet size: 43.5 x 23 x 44.5 (WDH, inches);
Finish: L-101: Traditional, Mahogany | L-102: Contemporary, Walnut | L-103: French Provincial, Cherry | L-111: Traditional, Mahogany | L-112: Contemporary, Mahogany | L-122: Contemporary, Walnut | L-133: French Provincial, Cherry | L-143: French Provincial, Pecan | L16?: had folding lid | L-100P: portable version | L-200: style had built in Leslie;
Manuals: Two 44-note offset manuals with a 13 note pedalboard. 9 drawbars upper manual, 7 for lower;
Amp/output: Built in amp and speakers;
Features: Two levels of vibrato and chorus, small selection of preset tabs, reverb with bright/soft settings. Percussion and chorus adjustable inside the cabinet.
22 jun. 2008
"(...) I just recently bought a L143. I'm afraid I have the same problem as you, in that I will need to take A LOT of time to restore this organ. I bought it from a man who had it in storage for 5 years.......and the mice droppings to prove it. It was horrible. Several of the drawbar contact rods have been oxidized so badly, they've broken.
My question is, would you mind posting a picture of where your Leslie plugs in,.... I have looked and looked, and I believe mine does not have a slot for the Leslie."
And, readers: please do visit Eric's recently launched blog on his L-143 (with tasty eye-candy too!!!), on where he keeps the world updated on his 'reanimation' project alike:
and his MySpace place:
I'm really thrilled with Eric buying a geniune L-143, restoring it and publish a blog on it. This is one of the goals of my blog: to inform others in simular situations, and...to learn from others as well! Now Eric and I can share advice, tips, pictures, videos, compliments... :-)